Monday 15 April 2013

Falling: Prologue

My hairs fly backwards and sway as if they seek to detach themselves to seek protection. The breeze blow into my eyes with so much force that I have to shut them halfway in order to regulate the inflow.

I look down and gaze at the several people watching me as I spear towards the ground, to my demise. 0.24 seconds ago I had jumped off the rooftop of the Royce Penton 41 storey hotel building.

Businessmen and women paused their journeys to yell in horror as they are about to witness an unavoidable event. I say unavoidable because 10 seconds ago my decision to jump off was avoidable. This outcome was just one out of the plethora of possibilities that could have effectuated while I was still on the roof.

My name is Professor Von Wilder, and my body is currently adhering to the law of gravity.

0.39 seconds and I'm still air-borne. My patience diminishes by the millisecond. I have often heard the statement 'at the sight of death your whole life flashes before your eyes', yet I wonder why no flash has crept into my mind. Perhaps I should voluntarily actuate an episode of reminiscences before my brain splatters and releases the memories into the sewers below.

My thought abruptly wanders to the phenomenon of having all these thoughts in two seconds. The brain is an amazing element of life. An element whose capabilities a majority of humans know very little about. The speed at which I have trained my brain to compute data would cause me to receive accolades from the greatest institutions of the scientific academia.

It is for this reason that I possess the preternatural ability to think a lot quicker than the average human.

I must be forgiven if my narration switches to the third person; it is a product of my great predilection for the theatre.This is my story, and within it are the events which led to this aerial outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment