Saturday 30 March 2013

Well, This is Awkward

Her eyes penetrated mine. A cold tingling feeling shot through my veins. I would not let her intimidate me; neither would I let her seem me intimidated.
I dilated my pupils, made my hand into a fist, comstricted my biceps and pulled my smile into a frown. The situation was no longer cordial. Hostility had been summoned. Hostility must be showed.

The girl flinched for a moment, at the sight of my physical change. Her stare of fright was the sort of stare one gives when they watch a lion trudging towards them.

In her mind I was sure she was thinking the same thing I thought - she shan't show her intimidation.

She widened her eyes and scattered her hair. She looked like Medusa, one of the gorgons of Greek mythology.

I stepped backwards in terror of what I beheld.

The sound of the anticipated could be heard from a distance. It was approaching quickly. I turned away from the girl, and I looked in the direction of the sound. Everyone else was waiting for it. Everyone else was ready to fight when it came. For in this cruel world, everyone has to fight for their prize.

At its arrival, I ran forward, but was dragged backwards by the shirt. I turned back and saw that it was she that held me. She jumped up with great agility and performed a front flip over me. As she landed in fron to me, I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to me. She spun around like a ballerina performing on stage. Her hair cutting through the air like a tornado.

Her hands fell on my shoulders for support. Her eyes met mine and she stared for two seconds. Suddenly, she used her forehead to hot my nose. I let her go in order to attend to my pain. She attempted to run away, but pain never keeps me handicapped. I threw my foot in front of her legs and she fell to the ground. She had landed on her palms. It was evident that she was a well trained fighter. She pushed her self to a standing position, and turned around with the back of her hand aiming for my cheek.

I hyper extended backwards and returned to my previous position after her hand had missed me.

She was about to kick my groin when I yelled, "Wait!".

She paused.

"The bus has left."

She dropped her leg to the ground and turned to where the bus had been. Iw wasn't there anymore.

We had been fighting for a seat in a bus which others entered and left in.

"Well, this is awkward."

No comments:

Post a Comment