Sunday 16 December 2012

Sari, Warrior of the gods

The extremely dark clouds gathered with rapid movement. There was not a streak of light from above. Surely the gods still watch over us!
Silence was everywhere. Total silence.
Lightning struck and illuminated the path for a moment. Shango still watches us!
Ah Shango, I knew you would not forsake us. You, the god of thunder and lightning, have never disappointed me. I only pray that you give me the strength to battle this evil.

The darkness became thicker until I could feel it right beside me.
All our attempts, our sacrifices, our journeys, the success of it all depended on this last struggle, on this last battle.
Through treacherous terrains we peregrinated. For a period of three full moons we journeyed in search of the powerful weapon. The only weapon that could defeat this great evil. A weapon forged deep within the core of the fiery well of the gods. Casted by Ogun the iron god himself, and filled with the essence of Shango, the thunder god and the chi of the all other gods.
To end this evil once and for all, the Sword of Ina had to be wielded by the one chosen - Me.
I, Saki, descendant of Oduduwa the founding father of the Yoruba; the only mortal son of the sun god Ayao. I am the chosen one, and I shall not die until I have killed this great evil!
Brothers! it is come!

No comments:

Post a Comment